Space for network members to start discussions, share ideas and resources, and/or raise questions.
Jeffrey Cone noted that nearly 70 people attended the ICF Cultural Competence Community of Practice on January 14, 2015 - thanks for the great turn out! I mentioned during the session that I would start a "Blob" on this site to continue the conversation - so I've updated the announcement I sent out prior to the session that purpose.
You can use this discussion thread to do the following:
- Download a PDF of the slides used during the online session (1.14.15);
- Make observations about the content shared during the session;
- Raise additional questions from the session (I'll reply here); and/or
- Share useful resources you've found helpful in this area.
Below is a link to the session recording (NOTE: I replaced the link that was included in this post on 2.6.15, because a number of those who attempted to view the recording had trouble, including "yours truly." I alerted Jeff Cone, one of two chairs of the cultural competence community of practice, who has worked with the vendor to try to resolve the issue - I personally found, in order to view the Entire recording I had to place it on pause about every 5 minutes or so, for about 15 seconds, and then resume - this new recording was posted on 2.11.15):
Additional notes about the recording...
If you are still unsuccessful and stubborn like me, here is what we can offer you as options:
If you are using a Mac, Citrix recommends downloading either of the following media players: VLC Player or Flip for Mac as the file format is .WMV which apparently does not work on Macs. You can use these media players to convert the file to .MP4.
If you continue to have problems, we recommend that you contact Citrix support directly at: 855-352-9002.The case number is: 08407409. They have been very patient with me as we tried on several occasions to identify the original problem(s) without success.______________________________________________
I look forward to continued dialogue with many of you about a topic for which I have much interests and passion - cultural competence and coaching!
To get the conversation started, for those of you who attended the live session, or after watching the recording, I'd be interested in hearing your responses to the following four prompts:
- Objective Data: What was your main purpose for attending the session (and/or viewing the recording)? What were the key elements of the session that stand out for you?
- Reflective Data: What did you like, and not like, about the session? What were the "high-points" of the session for you - what aspects did you personally connect? What were the "low points" for you - what aspects were most distant for you?
- Interpretative Data: What were the major insights gained from the session for you? What new connections do you see between cultural competence and coaching?
- Decisional Data: How will you apply the insights gained to your coaching practice? What follow-up would help you apply more effectively what you took away from the session?
I look forward to hearing from many of you - you can download a PDF of the session slides by using this hot link ICF%20Cult%20Competence%20CP_1.14.15_PV_Final.pdf.