Space for network members to start discussions, share ideas and resources, and/or raise questions.
As an educator, consultant (including executive coaching) and former corporate executive, I'm committed to and interested in, evidence-based practice, that is, informing that work that I do with and for client, with the best possible research and knowledge, theory, and strategic insights available. Given the status of executive and organizational coaching as an emerging field of professional practice, I wanted to start a discussion space to share resources people have found useful to inform their practice. I've started with the list of peer review journals scan for emerging theories, research and framework to inform my work.
- Coaching An International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice | http://www.associationforcoaching.com/pages/publications/academic-journal
- International Journal of Evidence-Based Coaching and Mentoring | http://ijebcm.brookes.ac.uk/
- International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching | http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=ijmce
- Journal of Coaching Education | http://www.qualitycoachingeducation.org/info-center/journal-of-coaching-education/ (NOTE: sports coaching)
- The Coaching Psychologist | http://www.sgcp.org.uk/publications/the-coaching-psychologist/
- International Coaching Psychology Review | http://sgcp.bps.org.uk/sgcp/publications/international-coaching-psychology-review/international-coaching-psychology-review_home.cfm
- International Journal of Coaching in Organizations | http://www.ijco.info/
Journals That Publish Coaching Content
- Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research | http://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/cpb/index.aspx
- Human Resource Development Quarterly | http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/%28ISSN%291532-1096
- Human Resource Development Review | http://hrd.sagepub.com/
- Human Resource Development International | http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rhrd20/current
- Academy of Management Journal | http://aom.org/AMJ/
- Academy of Management Review | http://aom.org/amr/
- Academy of Management Learning and Education | http://aom.org/amle/
Please share journals you've found helpful in publishing coaching and/or coaching-related content.
HOT OFF THE PRESS: "Advances in Developing Human Resources" has recently published a special issue on coaching, that includes a total of 7 articles. You can go to: http://adh.sagepub.com
To view and/or download the entire issue. I've included the final article here that summarizes the entire issue. Evidence that coaching is gaining ground as an emerging academic discipline, yet there is much work to be done!
Dr. Terrence E. Maltbia
NOTE: 4.5.14 Post Update
Thanks Yaron for the tip regarding the Institute for Coaching Resource! I looking at the system, when you start a Blog, it seems as if you can upload at document at that time, or go back an edit the Blog, if you are the creators, and add a document.
Another useful summary of coach research is the "Workplace, Executive and Life Coaching: An Annotated Bibliography form the Behavioural Science and Business Literature" complied by Anthony M. Grant of Australia. I've included the link below.